Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Early Morning Tuesday For Adriamycin

February 18, 2014

5:00 a.m. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG....

There goes that darn alarm....so not a morning person.

Up, showered, dressed, primped, take Audrey out, feed the animals, drink my coffee, grab my purse and tote bag and off by 6:00 a.m.  70 wonderful minutes of driving in morning traffic and we arrive at the Vet....I am supposed to be there by 8 a.m....if I leave my house any later than 6:10 a.m., I'm SUNK - it will be more like 9 a.m. before I get there - as it was traffic was a lot heavier today than usual as this time - surely Tuesday can't be that different from Thursday.  My County's schools are closed this week for winter break, but no evidence of that by traffic standards.

Sweet Audrey went right in without any fear... I have a pic of her sitting on the bench waiting for the Tech to come get her.


You can tell a little bit that her whiskers are a little stubby.  I've noticed that she seems to be losing them.  If you click on the pic, you can also see the evidence of her runny eyes.

Another thing that happens during this treatment...particularly when she has been sleeping and relaxed, a bit of BM will ooze from her anus.  If you are choosing this type of treatment for your pet; protect your furniture, beds, etc. It isn't much, and it isn't very often, but particularly with the Vincristine, even a little is very stinky.  Audrey hates it when it happens, she gets into a bit of a panic and she wants to clean it up and hurry and go outside.  I NEVER scold her; I just quietly take care of it and get her outside to see if she needs to potty.

Snow and ice last Wednesday and Thursday....in the 70's today.

We are now on an every other week schedule.  So, we don't go back for two weeks. 

In this two week period Audrey is going to get a new experience, in fact, so will my husband and I.  At the end of October I bought a used 24' C Class RV; we are loading up for our first little trip - off to see our son in Sarasota.  Of course Audrey gets to go.  I did think ahead and two weeks ago I ask the Vet for a Vet in the area in case we have an emergency.  I was given a name today so I am prepared.

Expect palm trees in the next post!

Cost of Today's Vet Visit.................$287.25

No comments:

Post a Comment